– What is the minimum ceiling height?
The loft Rising can be used with a ceiling height of at least 94½”. In this case, when the loft is lowered, there are approximately 39″/ 44″ between the floor mat and the ceiling that allow a person of average height to sit comfortably on the mattress without touching the ceiling with his head.
– What is the minimum height to which you can turn down?
The measures of the loft Rising are agreed with the customer at the order. If, for example, the loft totally raised develops a free space below of 78¾”, using the lifting system with standard stroke of 25½”, the height provided with loft spaces will be lowered to 78¾”-25½”= 53″. It’s therefore important in the choice of heights to consider which furniture will be used in the underlying part.
– What is the maximum size of the loft?
With upgraded motors the maximum recommended size is 146″x 94¾”, while with standard motors the maximum size is 110⅔” to 94¾”.
– Is there a longer stroke?
The standard stroke is 25½”. On request motors are available with a stroke of 37½”.
– How heavy is the loft?
The loft weighs like a normal cabinet.
– Is it easy to clean?
Yes, the cleaning is done with specific products for wood.
– For how long can Rising engines work properly ?
The engines are tested for n. 10,000 movements. It’s possible the replacement of engines.
– If there is a power failure?
If the loft is lowered it can be used normally. If the loft is raised in its maximum extension it is necessary to wait for the restoration of electricity to position it at the minimum height It is possible, as an option, to purchase the UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to allow the lowering of the structure in the absence of power.
– Can you replace the floor mat with other types of flooring?
Tatami are recommended because they guarantee a good support and are breathable, you can also use other types of flooring.
– How can I use the top of the loft?
Normally the upper part is used as a sleeping area. It can be used also for different purposes, such as study area with a desk and chair. However, because the floor mat suffers excessive pressure is advisable to lay over the tatami mat a carpet to prevent deformation.
– Could I access the loft directly from under the structure?
Yes, it’s possible: in this case it will be created a special passage in the pavement of the tatami.
– How tall is it?
The height is determined according to the needs of the customer and the height of the ceiling.
– What are the columns used in rising?
With standard motors: 6,14″ x 4,57″ (+ or – 0,08″)
With performance motors: 6,50″ x 4,65″ (+ or – 0,08″)
With engines for a long stroke (37½”): 6,69″ x 5,12″ (+ or – 0,08″)
– If I want to put the loft across the room?
You can do it, fixing the columns both to the floor and the ceiling.
– How many walls has to be fixed to?
It should be fixed preferably to two walls or a wall and the ceiling.
– Where should be positioned the control unit of the electric motors?
Under the mezzanine floor, in the closest corner to the socket.
– Can you hide the control unit?
It is provided a wooden box that covers the control unit.
– What’s under the floor Tatami?
Under the mat there are slats that can be covered by lined breathable fabric on request.
– What is the carrying capacity?
With loft completely lowered the carrying capacity is 500Kg.
– Can you raise the engines?
Standard motors can lift 300 kg in total. It depends on the size of the loft.
– If the loft coming down strikes some object below it?
To avoid damaging objects, you need to check if the space below the loft is free.
– Can the loft be mounted above a normal door?
No, it’s better to evaluate the replacement of the door with a sliding one, or changing its opening direction.
– How many watts does it consume?
Standard motors are rated at 600 W. Due to its small usage time the operating cost is irrelevant.
– Can the loft drop up to be flat on the floor?
No, since the extension of the standard motor imposes a minimum height from the ground of 31½” (41⅓” motors with long travel).
– Can you lift the loft with a person above?
No, it is forbidden. People can access the loft only when it’s completely lowered
– Can you ask for a high railing?
Yes, a railing with height of 31½”-35½”. It is available and recommended if there are children who use the bed.
– Are Building permits needed?
No, because it is just a dismantled bed frame.
– Can you have it in another color?
Yes, see color chart.
– Can you use different ladders?
Besides the classic ladder-library, ItalForm also realizes hooked ladders that can be laid to the loft.
– Is it possible to apply lights under the loft?
Yes, contacting a professional electrician for the correct installation.
– Can you cover the underside of the slats by plasterboard ?
For reasons of weight and proper air circulation it is not recommended this type of intervention
– Can the edge wooden ceiling be removed?
During the loft assembling the use of the wooden board ceiling ensures a correct installation (in fact it allows to maintain the right angles and the right stiffness). If the columns do not reach the ceiling the wooden board is an integral part of the loft and cannot be removed. If you can fix the columns to the ceiling, then it can be removed.
– Who should you contact for assistance?
You can contact directly the store where you purchased the loft.
– Can you assemble it on your own?
For installation, it’s necessary to have a good manual skill. The loft should be assembled according to the specifications. It’s essential to check columns uprightness. In case of walls with corners that are not perfectly 90 degrees, it is necessary to adjust the attacks to the walls by little wooden parts.
– What is the warranty?
All ItalForm Design products respect the legal warranty.
– If the walls are inclined or uneven?
The loft must be rectangular or square. Any excessive space owing to inclined walls can be closed with wooden customised products.